If you want to learn the essential skills needed to perform vein treatments and to run a vein practice, then The VeinCare Centre can help.
The VeinCare Centre provides instruction to those who wish to know more about Endovenous Interventions for varicose veins and superficial venous reflux. In line with guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence in the United Kingdom (NICE), we offer instruction in Endovenous Thermal Ablation and Ultrasound-Guided Foam Sclerotherapy. These interventions are based on duplex ultrasound and ultrasound guides every stage of the procedure. Thereafter, the outcome of treatment is assessed by ultrasound in the post-procedure follow-up period. The VeinCare Centre provides instruction on basic diagnostic ultrasound and instruction on ultrasound-guided needle manipulation. The VeinCare Centre also provides instruction to those who want to learn about the treatment of leg telangiectasia by Microsclerotherapy.
A successful vein practice requires more than just practitioners with excellent technical skills to perform the procedures; accurate diagnosis, patient selection and appropriate after-care are all essential. Patients with lower limb venous disease must be managed by a team of healthcare professionals who have the skills to undertake a clinical and duplex ultrasound assessment and who provide a full range of treatment options (NICE Clinical Guideline CG168). The team must be able to manage side effects and complications. The VeinCare centre runs courses on all of these considerations as well as on Practice Management.
What We Offer
Are you thinking of starting a vein practice? Do you currently have a vein practice and do you wish to take it to the next level? Then, The VeinCare Centre can help. Our courses cover all aspects of running a vein practice, including: clinical procedure observation; venous system examination and ultrasound assessment: practice management; quality assurance; and administration.
Dr Haroun Gajraj and Miss Catharine McGuinness are consultant vascular surgeons on the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council. They have decades of combined experience of performing and teaching endovenous procedures.
Haroun is Registered with the Care Quality Commission as the Responsible Individual and he is registered with the General Medical Council as the Responsible Officer for the Organisation. Maddie Groves has previously held the position of Assistant Director of Nursing in an NHS Acute Trust. Haroun and Maddie have worked together for many years. Lisa Parsons has worked as a departmental secretary in the NHS for 15 years and she has been office secretary and administrator at the VeinCare Centre since 2017. Lisa, Maddie and Haroun offer a unique and personal insight into the regulatory and administrative frameworks of running a vein practice.
Our courses share our cumulative and combined experience of working in healthcare, with particular reference to running and managing a successful private vein clinic.
- Patient Selection
- Procedure selection – indications and contraindications
- Endovenous Thermal Ablation
- Ultrasound-Guided Foam Sclerotherapy
- Conduct of Team Members in the Procedure Room
- Sclerotherapy – liquid and foam sclerotherapy under both visual and ultrasound guidance
- Ultrasonography – diagnostic and procedural
- Avoiding, identifying and managing adverse events and complications
- Administrative, Regulatory and Governance Matters
- Staff recruitment, induction and training
- Marketing your vein practice
- Equipment, pharmacy and consumables
Who Can Benefit?
We have designed our courses with the following people in mind:
- Junior Vascular Trainees who want formal instruction early on so that they can benefit fully from the teaching opportunities in their training programme
- Senior Vascular Trainees who wish to gain more experience of Endovenous Thermal Ablation, Ultrasound-Guided Foam Sclerotherapy and Microsclerotherapy in anticipation of a consultant post
- Newly appointed consultants who want to be involved in private practice
- Established vascular specialists who want to start their own vein clinic or who wish to learn more about a private vein practice
- Vascular Technologists or Sonographers who wish to learn more about being involved in venous diagnosis and interventions
- Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and other professionals who are currently members of a team that treats venous disease and who want to increase their knowledge and skills
- Practice Managers who want to learn more about audit, governance and quality assurance as it relates to a vein practice
Access to NHS treatment for varicose veins and their complications is severely limited and rationed. Demand from the public and referring healthcare professionals for high quality treatment is increasing.
The private practice market is also growing and becoming much more competitive. Invest in your knowledge and skills by enrolling onto our courses. The VeinCare Centre can help you in your quest to deliver high quality Vein Care.