How can you choose a reputable vein clinic? What are the best criteria?
In Britain, 100,000,000 searches per year are made on Google on health-related topics. Most people looking for a vein clinic will look on Google first before making a telephone call to find out more.
So how do you make a short list?
We have 5 top tips to help you.
- Top tip number one. CHECK THE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE OF THE PROVIDERS. In the UK, that means checking that the doctors are registered specialists with the General Medical Council and that nurses are fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Check that they have many years of experience and Google their names for more information. In the UK, check the independent website IWantGreatCare.org for reviews and testimonials. Then, call the clinic and ask how long they have been treating vein conditions and how many people they have treated. Do not be dazzled by photographs of models with great legs. Do your research and then pick up the telephone. You can tell a lot from how the telephone is answered and you can judge whether you want to take the next step.
- Top Tip #2. Make sure the activities of the clinic are properly REGULATED. In England, that means checking that the clinic is regulated by the Care Quality Commission – https://www.cqc.org.uk/ – and that the specialists have practice privileges and that they have been vetted. If the clinic is properly regulated, you can be assured that they meet high standards of safety and quality.
- Top Tip #3. Make sure you are treated by a TEAM. Getting excellent results for your vein treatment takes TEAM WORK. So make sure that your varicose veins are diagnosed and treated by a team of experts. That means suitably qualified doctors, nurses and healthcare personnel with appropriate administrative and management support in a regulated and licensed medical facility. Avoid lone practitioners in multi-purpose premises. Every member of the team should have extensive knowledge and experience of your condition and the treatments required.
- Some vein clinics make very wild claims. Do an internet search now and you will find clinics that promise to cure varicose veins forever in 45 minutes (in a lunch break). Some clinics promise that you will feel no pain whatsoever during their treatments. Some clinics claim to be the best, world-leading or state-of-the-art. If it all sounds too good to be true, then it probably is just hype. Do your research and check feedback and testimonials from respected healthcare sites such as iwantgreatcare.org . Check to see if the treatments they offer are backed by independent authoritative organisations such as the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence – https://www.nice.org.uk/- . Check if they publish the results of their treatments in the form of audits and surveys against national standards such as CG168. Don’t be fooled by hype.
- A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. Genuine before and after photographs are a powerful testimonial to the results a vein clinic can achieve. Ask for before and after photographs of patients who HAVE BEEN TREATED IN THE CLINIC. Be wary of “stock photographs” of glamorous models with lovely legs. Many of our patients take their own photos and share them with us. Now that really is a good testimonial, don’t you agree?
Would you like to receive our free information pack? In our pack we give details of our qualifications, experience and links to our registration. We also provide information on the results of surveys and audits. We are proud of our vein clinic and we are happy to share our results.
To request your free resource, simply use our contact form