Many people with varicose veins and thread veins suffer needlessly for years because they have been incorrectly advised by their family, friends or even their GP. Wrong information is repeated so often that is sometimes accepted without question. Here are the 10 most common myths and misconceptions about varicose veins and thread veins that I hear.
10 Common Misconceptions about Varicose Veins and Thread Veins
- Women should wait until they have had all their children before having their varicose veins treated
- Varicose Veins and thread veins are only cosmetic
- I need my veins for my circulation, so I shouldn’t get them removed
- Pregnancy causes varicose veins
- Leg veins can be treated with pills and creams
- Men rarely get varicose veins
- If I can’t see bulging veins on my legs, I don’t have a vein problem
- Thread veins don’t cause any symptoms or medical problems
- Surgical stripping is the best way to get rid of veins and after surgery they never come back
- Varicose Veins don’t cause serious health problems
Contact me today for a confidential chat
If you’re worried about your veins and would like a confidential chat please do get in touch. I am happy to offer simple advice by telephone and email for free and without obligation.