If you are affected by Varicose Veins and Thread Veins, there are 7 things you must know.
- Heredity is the most important factor that determines whether you are likely to develop varicose veins or thread veins. It’s not your fault, you probably inherited a weakness of your veins from your Mother or Father.
- Pregnancy doesn’t cause varicose veins or thread veins. These vein problems may appear for the first time during pregnancy, but pregnancy is not the cause, it merely aggravates an underlying weakness of the vein valves.
- Early treatment gives better results. There is no point putting off treatment. Don’t wait until you have had your children, lost weight or changed jobs!
- Superficial Vein Reflux (SVR) is the underlying problem that leads to varicose veins and thread veins. SVR is the flow of blood in the wrong direction. Flow should be upwards in the veins, from the foot, back towards the heart. Where there is SVR, the valves do not work properly and gravity can pull blood downwards in the wrong direction.
- You shouldn’t have anything done to your veins until you have had a full duplex ultrasound scan. Only an ultrasound can identify where the reflux is coming from and which veins are unhealthy.
- All vein treatments are best done under local anaesthetic. Under local, you will get a better result with less risk of complications and without the costly need for treatment in hospital.
- Thread Veins really are not just cosmetic. Most thread veins are caused by SVR
Contact me today for my free report – “The 7 questions you need to ask before having vein treatment”
If you’re worried about your veins and would like a confidential chat please do get in touch. I am happy to offer simple advice by telephone and email for free and without obligation.