The VeinCare Centre and The Melbury Clinic are trading names of the Melbury Clinic Ltd, which is registered in England and Wales (Company Number 04575501)
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at The Melbury Clinic and The VeinCare Centre, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. The Melbury Clinic Ltd is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- How we use your data and personal information
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
- How to make a complain
How we use your data
The Melbury Clinic Ltd uses your personal data
- To provide services and information to you (as part of our business contract with you)
- To manage your account, to take payments and to provide invoices
- To verify your identity
- To communicate with your GP and other healthcare professionals (with your permission)
- To undertake quality assurance surveys
- To manage interactions with you
- To securely store your medical records and to only allow authorised healthcare professionals to access this information
- Where we have a legal right or duty to disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by our regulatory authority, our professional and corporate insurers or a public authority).
With your permission, we will send you our newsletters. We operate an “opt-in” policy and you can unsubscribe at any time. The Melbury Clinic and The Vein Care Centre Newsletters are managed by MailChimp. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
CCTV records video the public areas of the clinic. Video recordings are held locally in the secure office of the clinic for 30 days for security and safety reasons. No audio is recorded, and the images are held for 30 days. CCTV recordings may be shared with the police or with our insurers as part of our business operations. No recordings, either audio or video are routinely made elsewhere in the clinic without your explicit permission.
The Melbury Clinic and The VeinCare Centre is involved in teaching and may request your permission to share clinical photographs and audiovisual recordings for teaching. This is only done with your written permission and special consent.
Sharing Data with third parties
- Anonymised data relating to you may be discussed by our Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) in cases where for example you have made a complaint, suffered a complication or when the results of satisfaction surveys are analysed. Your personal data (such as your name) will not be shared with members of the MAC.
- Guidance from the General Medical Council advises our doctors to communicate with your GP or other healthcare professionals. We will seek your permission in advance to do so.
- We may share your data with government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunal and insurers where we are required to do so. We will always tell you when this happens.
- We may share your data to process card payments (we do not store card details).
- We do not share information about you to other parties for marketing purposes.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Following a visit to The Melbury Clinic and The Vein Care Centre, after a telephone call, or e-mail, we may collect some or all of the following data;
- Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender
- Your medical history and Name of your GP
- Details of your next of kin
- Results of tests and investigations
- Details of Treatments
- Clinical Photographs
- Your Communication and newsletter preferences
- Results of feedback surveys
- Communications to and from you
- Communications to and from your GP and other healthcare professionals
- Your payment details
- CCTV footage of you
- Audio-visual recordings of procedures for teaching (with special written permission)
How long do we keep your data?
How We Protect Your Data
The Melbury Clinic and The Vein Care Centre is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- Encryption of our hard-drives
- Password protection of our computer systems
- Limited access to data files and paper records to trained staff
- Regular software updates and security monitoring
- Ongoing contract with a specialist IT provider for cyber security, software advice and IT maintenance
- Internal policies and training of our staff relating to data security
- DBS vetting of staff who have access to data
- Paper records held securely in locked cabinets with limited access
- Encrypted off site data back up
- Cross-shredding of non-essential paper records at the end of each business day
Online medical records and online booking systems are processed by Cliniko which complies with UK and EU law on data processing https://www.cliniko.com/
Incoming telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes. Recordings are securely stored for 30 days only and access to these recordings is strictly limited to authorised persons in line with with UK and EU law on data processing https://www.pocketreceptionist.co.uk/privacy-policy
The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The CQC uses personal data (information that relates to and identifies living people) and other information to help them to carry out their role as the regulator of health and adult social care services in England https://www.cqc.org.uk/about-us/our-policies/privacy-statement
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what information we hold about you at any time and to request to see it in a commonly used format
- The right to ask us to update any out-of-date personal data we hold about you
- The right to opt-out of newsletter and any marketing emails
For more information about your rights, visit https://ico.org.uk
Dr Haroun Gajraj is the Data Controller for the Melbury Clinic Ltd. If you have any questions relating to your personal data or if you wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact Dr Gajraj by one of the following methods
- Phone on 01935 873 951
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: The Melbury Clinic, Unit 1, Higher Barn, Holt Mill, Dorset DT2 0XL
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details visit https://ico.org.uk
Last Updated: 13th May 2022