Terms of Business
The Melbury Clinic Ltd is registered with the Care Quality Commission and trades as the VeinCare Centre.
Set out below are the terms and conditions on which the VeinCare Centre provides service to its clients and includes additions post Covid-19. These additions and amendments to our normal business terms and conditions have been implemented to ensure that we provide the safest environment during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please ensure that you have read and fully understood them prior to booking any treatment.
1. Booking a consultation:
Consultations can be booked on the telephone. When we make the appointment, we take full payment. Should you need to cancel or reschedule we kindly ask that you call us as soon as possible before your appointment. This allows us to manage our diaries and offer the appointment time to another patient. We are happy to reschedule appointments for a consultation in the event of an emergency or a health-related matter.
If you change your mind about having a consultation within 48 hours of your appointment, a 50% cancellation fee will be applied.
Covid-19 update: We will continue to operate our 48 hour cancellation policy, however, if you test positive for Covid-19, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment on 01935 571030.
2. Treatment appointments:
Treatments can be booked on the telephone. When we make the appointment, we take full payment. Should you need to cancel or reschedule in the event of an emergency or health-related matter, we ask that you kindly call us as soon as possible before your appointment. This allows us to manage our diaries and offer the appointment time to another patient.
Covid-19 update: If you test positive for Covid-19, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment on 01935 571030.
- If you change your mind about having treatment, within 2 weeks of the appointment a 50% cancellation fee will be applied.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment as the result of an emergency or health-related matter, kindly contact us as soon as possible on 01935 571030.
- If the clinic cancels your appointment due to exceptional circumstances, we will reschedule the treatment for the next available date. Please note that if the clinic has to cancel your clinic appointment due to unforeseen circumstances, the clinic cannot re-imburse the costs of cancellations for travel arrangements or overnight stays. Please take this into account when making your bookings.
- Refunds are not provided for services or treatments that have been delivered.
Covid-19 update: We will continue to operate our cancellation policy, however, if you test positive for COVID-19, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment on 01935 571030.
- To allow for social distancing all clients are asked to arrive promptly at your appointment time.
- The clinic operates a controlled entry system allowing only one patient on the premises at any one time.
- Late arrival may result in reduced treatment time or forfeiting of the appointment. We will endeavour to ensure that your appointment runs to time; however, should we need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice, we will make every effort to contact you in advance.
- You will be asked to comply with our Covid-19 secure procedures, which includes wearing a mask (which will be provided on arrival), having your temperature taken and sanitising your hands upon arrival.
- We request that you attend the clinic on your own, however we appreciate that there may be times you require the support of a partner and for them to be present.
- We ask that you kindly consider performing a COVID-19 lateral flow test the day before your treatment appointment.
3. Payment Method:
- To secure an appointment for a consultation, scan or for treatment, we request payment in full at the time of booking.
- Our current price for treatments is available on our website.
- We ask that you make payment preferably via debit card or bank transfer. We can also accept all major credit cards except American Express and Diners Club cards.
- Regrettably, we cannot accept payment by cheque or cash.
- Fees are subject to change without notice. Pleae refer to our current fee schedule on the website. Once a treatment has been booked and paid for, that fee is guaranteed not to change for 6 months. Treatments that have been scheduled but for which full payment has not been received, may be subject to a fee increase without notice. Treatments that have been paid for, but which have not been booked to take place within 6 months, may be subject to an increase after a notice period of 28 days.
5. Courses of treatment:
- All treatments purchased as a course must be paid for in full in advance at the time of booking.
- If you or a member of your household has symptoms of Covid-19 and/or tested positive for Covid-19 you must not attend the clinic.
- If a member of your household develops Covid-19 symptoms or tests positive, please follow current Government guidance and do not attend the clinic.
- If you are unsure whether to attend the clinic, please follow the current Government guidance and ring the clinic prior to your appointment. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
7. Your Right to Complain
- We endeavour to treat all our patients appropriately, compassionately and fairly. If, however, you have an issue with any matter in relation to your treatment you are entitled to lodge a complaint, either in person, by telephone or in writing. If you require assistance with making your complaint, we will be pleased to help and support you through the process.
- The member of staff who initially receives the complaint will convey the details to the Clinic Manager. Where this cannot be resolved immediately, you will receive a letter within three working days to confirm that an investigation into the matter is underway and that a full response will be made within 20 working days. Where this is not possible, an explanation as to the cause of the delay will be sent.
- Complainants who are not happy with the local resolution will have their complaint reviewed by a member of the Medical Advisory Committee and a written response will be provided within 20 working days (stage 2 letter). If the investigation requires further time, you will be provided with an explanation as to the cause of the delay.
- If resolution of the complaint is not achieved at this stage complainants have the right to an independent external adjudication of their complaint. Requests should be made to the Independent Sector Complaints Adjudication Service in writing within 6 months of receipt of a stage 2 letter.
Last Updated 1 September 2021